California Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - WARNING
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment
- Durability and all–day comfort of lightweight, stress resistant O Matter® frame material
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Optical precision and performance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for high–mass and high–velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens that filters out all of UV & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium nose pads options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
This unique edition of Half Jacket comes with all the cutting–edge features that athletes demand.
Stays Ahead of the Sun: Half Jacket lets you change lenses in seconds to optimize vision in any environment.
Offers a Secure, Custom Fit: Choose the nose pads that give you the best fit — two sizes are included with every frame. Like the stem sleeves, they're made of Unobtainium® to increase grip with perspiration. Oakley's Three-Point Fit optimizes comfort and holds the lenses in precise optical alignment for superior clarity.
Optimizes Comfort, Protection and Clarity: Half Jacket is made of lightweight O Matter® for all–day comfort. Pure Plutonite® lens material filters out 100% of all UV, and Half Jacket meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for impact protection. The semi–rimless design means there's no frame rim to block downward view. Optical clarity exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards, and XYZ Optics® extends razor–sharp vision all the way to the lens periphery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XLJ and and Half Jacket Eyewear?
The difference is at the bottom of the lens where the XLJ lens caters to wider framed faces. Note how this is similar to the comparisons between the M-Frame Hybrid and M-Frame Strike lenses.
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XL and XLJ?
The difference is chronological. "XLJ" is the older version of the Half Jacket and "XL" applies to the lenses of the Half Jacket 2.0 models.
What Half Jacket frames are compatible with what Half Jacket lenses? Are Half Jackets compatible with Flak Jackets?
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 models are exclusively interchangeable. So that means all Half Jacket 2.0 lenses are compabible with 2.0 frames (XL, standard, and SI). They are not compatible with the older (non-2.0) Half Jackets. The same goes with the older Half Jacket frames and lenses: they are not compatible with 2.0 models.
Flak Jacket lenses cannot fit in Half Jacket frames. On the other side, Oakley Flak Jacket frames cannot accept Half Jacket lenses. See the chart below.