California Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - WARNING
- Color/Finish: Polished Black
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds the lenses in precise optical alignment
- Unobtainium components that increase grip when you sweat
- Metal icon accents
- Color/Finish: Black Iridium
- Interchangeable lens design to optimize performance in any environment
- High Definition Optics for clarity, visual fidelity and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- XYZ Optics to extend clarity to the edge of a wide peripheral view
- 8.75 base lens curvature that improves side protection against sun, wind and impact
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UV & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Semi-rimless design for open downward view
- Polarized Options — Minimized glare via technology that produces the best Polarized lenses on the planet
- Transitions® SOLFX™ photochromic lenses options: Darkens and lightens the lens in response to the environment
- Iridium coated lenses that reduce glare and balance light transmission
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses
Performance, protection and comfort are sculpted into a new dimension of style with an interchangeable lens design that keeps you a step ahead of changing light conditions. The latest evolution of our coveted Half Jacket® sunglasses, it wraps your vision in the razor-sharp clarity of High Definition Optics® (HDO®). Wherever your job takes you, you'll have the all-day comfort of a lightweight design that can take punishing abuse while serving up premium optical technology.
Our original Half Jacket became essential gear for athletes, and version 2.0 takes the proud heritage to the next level of design. But when it came to protection and comfort, we weren't about to mess with the best, so we made it with the same lightweight O Matter™ frame material and Unobtainium® components that keep it comfortably in place, even when you're dripping with sweat. The Three-Point Fit won't hook your ears like ordinary frames, and it keeps the lenses in precise alignment so they can give your eyes the vision of victory.
When the sun decides to play hide-and-seek, just swap out the lenses with a new set and you'll be fully armed with performance. With HDO® lenses, Half Jacket 2.0 features XYZ Optics® to keep vision sharp and accurate all the way to the peripheral edge. All lenses are made of pure Plutonite® to filter out all UV, and this premium eyewear meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for optical clarity and impact resistance.
We engineered plenty of optional lenses for Half Jacket 2.0, so you'll be ready for any environment. Iridium® lens coatings balance light transmission and reduce glare. For the ultimate in glare-cutting performance, go with Oakley HDPolarized lenses. You also can get optics with Transitions® SOLFX® photochromic technology that automatically darkens the lenses in response to sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XLJ/XL and and Half Jacket Eyewear?
The difference is at the bottom of the lens where the XLJ/XL lens caters to wider framed faces. Note how this is similar to the comparisons between the M-Frame Hybrid and M-Frame Strike lenses.
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XL and XLJ?
The difference is chronological. "XLJ" is the older version of the Half Jacket and is only compatible with the older Half Jacket. "XL" exclusively applies to the lenses of the Half Jacket 2.0 models. Both have a curve at the bottom of the lens.
What Half Jacket frames are compatible with what Half Jacket lenses? Are Half Jackets compatible with Flak Jackets?
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 models are exclusively interchangeable. So that means all Half Jacket 2.0 lenses are compabible with 2.0 frames (XL, standard, and SI). They are not compatible with the older (non-2.0) Half Jackets. The same goes with the older Half Jacket frames and lenses: they are not compatible with 2.0 models.
Flak Jacket lenses cannot fit in Half Jacket frames. On the other side, Oakley Flak Jacket frames cannot accept Half Jacket lenses. See the chart below.