Available to both military personnel and civilians.
The black Oakley SI M Frame 3.0 Glasses have the same military grade as the Oakley SI M Frame Strike 2.0 Glasses. Both are ballistic, surpassing the ANSI Z87.1 industrial standards for high–mass and high–velocity impact protection. Both frame and lens are stamped. In addition to the 3.0 lenses being Oakley's new Argo model, the 3.0 glasses differ from the 2.0 in its improved compatibility with helmets, helmet–mounted devices, and over–ear equipment. The glasses include a microfiber pouch.
Summary of 3.0 Upgrades
- New lens design — Argo — with increased scratch resistance, anti–fog, more coverage, and closer fit
- Compatible with helmets (Crye helmets, MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT) and helmet–mounted night vision devices
- Thin stems lowered to accommodate headsets, and over–ear hearing protection and communication systems
- Compatible with both M Frame 2.0 Strike and 2.0 Hybrid glasses (lenses and frames)
- Included in the Authorized Protective Eyewear List (APEL)
- Distortion–free optics via patented Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry that minimizes refraction
- Extended upper/lower/lateral viewing fields via Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- Plutonite lens material, blocking 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light
- Maximized comfort of ultra–lightweight design (1.05 oz total weight)
- Convenience of easy lens replacement with no need for tools
Argo Lenses and M Frame 2.0 Compatibility
Oakley's Argo lenses have a wider peripheral coverage than the Strike and Hybrid lenses. They're also designed to improve the fit to the frame. The scratch resistance is stronger and the anti–fog performance is better. With these improvements, the Argo lenses are still compatible with M Frame 2.0 frames. Likewise, all 3.0 frames are compatible with 2.0 lenses.
Improved Fit and Form Function with Helmets
The stems wrapped closer give the frames a more comfortable fit with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, and Crye helmets. The improved anti–fog lenses maintain visual clarity and allow them to be placed closer to the face, giving you a better fit with your helmet, increasing its compatibility with helmet–mounted night vision devices. With the M Frame 3.0 glasses, you reduce standoff with night vision.
Improved Compatibility with Over-Ear Equipment
The stem of the 3.0 model is thinner and lower than the 2.0 glasses, making them more comfortable to wear with over–ear hearing protection, headsets, and other communication systems. This allows your earpiece to work better, increasing sound perception and reducing the sound signature.
Same Military Grade Oakleys
Just like the Oakley SI M Frame Strike 2.0 Ballistic SI Glasses, M-Frame 3.0 Sunglasses meet/exceed ANSI Z87.1–2003/2010 bullet resistance on both the lenses and crucial parts of the frame. There is still Oakley's signature Three-Point Fit, with the wrap around stems and the third point of contact above the nosepiece, securing the frame and lenses, meeting up to MIL–PRF–31013 standards for eye protection. In the Oakley SI M Frame 3.0 glasses, the nosepiece has Hydrophilic Unobtainium to increase grip under sweat, rain, or other wet conditions.