California Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - WARNING
For the ultimate in glare–cutting performance, go with Oakley HD Polarized lenses.
The Half Jacket up to Military Standards
Oakley's original Half Jacket became essential gear for athletes. The 2.0 version takes the proud heritage to the next level of design: they made it with the same lightweight O Matter™ frame material and Unobtainium® components that keep it comfortably in place, even when you're dripping with sweat. The Three-Point Fit won't hook your ears like ordinary frames, and it keeps the lenses in precise alignment so they can give your eyes the vision of victory.
When the sun decides to play hide–and–seek, just swap out the lenses with a new set and you'll be fully armed with performance. With HDO® lenses, Half Jacket 2.0 features XYZ Optics® to keep vision sharp and accurate all the way to the peripheral edge. All lenses are made of pure Plutonite® to filter out all UV, and this premium eyewear meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for optical clarity and impact resistance.
- Interchangeable lens design to optimize performance in any environment
- High Definition Optics for clarity, visual fidelity and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- XYZ Optics to extend clarity to the edge of a wide peripheral view
- 8.75 base lens curvature that improves side protection against sun, wind and impact
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UV & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Semi–rimless design for open downward view
- Polarized Options – Minimized glare via technology that produces the best Polarized lenses on the planet
- Durability and all–day comfort of lightweight, stress–resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds the lenses in precise optical alignment
- Unobtainium components that increase grip when you sweat
- Metal icon accents
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XLJ/XL and Half Jacket Eyewear?
The difference is at the bottom of the lens where the XLJ/XL lens caters to wider framed faces. Note how this is similar to the comparisons between the M-Frame Hybrid and M-Frame Strike lenses.
What is the difference between Oakley Half Jacket XL and XLJ?
The difference is chronological. "XLJ" is the older version of the Half Jacket and is only compatible with the older Half Jacket. "XL" exclusively applies to the lenses of the Half Jacket 2.0 models. Both have a curve at the bottom of the lens.
What Half Jacket frames are compatible with what Half Jacket lenses? Are Half Jackets compatible with Flak Jackets?
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 models are exclusively interchangeable. So that means all Half Jacket 2.0 lenses are compabible with 2.0 frames (XL, standard, and SI). They are not compatible with the older (non-2.0) Half Jackets. The same goes with the older Half Jacket frames and lenses: they are not compatible with 2.0 models.
Flak Jacket lenses cannot fit in Half Jacket frames. On the other side, Oakley Flak Jacket frames cannot accept Half Jacket lenses. See the chart below.